Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Good News: ARSC likes my book

My press informed me today in an e-mail that Making Easy Listening: Material Culture And Postwar America is an awards finalist for the 2006 Association for Recorded Sound Collections (ARSC) in the area of "Excellence in Historical Recorded Sound Research". Honestly, I am humbled. I had found out that someone had nominated me, although I do not know who, but to reach finalist status is just, well, it makes the hard work worth it to know that someone appreciated it. And, to be frank, when you look at past winners and finalists, you can see why I am humbled: there are a lot of good books on that list and just to be mentioned in that company is exciting. So thanks and now I need to save up for a flight to Milwaukee in May for the ceremony!

powered by performancing firefox



Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: