As declarations go, this one is interesting. A search for "Social Media Marketing" came up with this post from October of 2006...
this is what I define as the Five Pillars of Social Media Marketing.
The Five Pillars of Social Media Marketing
Any and all forms of Social Media Marketing tactics fall under at least one of these five forms of action. Often the same channel will incorporate two or more of these:
1. Declaration of Identity
2. Identity through Association
3. User-initiated Conversation
4. Provider-initiated Conversation
5. In-Person Interaction
Ok, this is a post that is a little misleading since it is really about marketing "social media" like MySpace, FaceBook, etc. But the list is solid marketing and could look like this...
Yep, that makes sense.
1. Declaration What You Do and What You Offer
2. We Will Know You Best By The Company You Keep
3. Let Your Clients Find a Path to Talk and You Should Listen
4. Find A Way to Talk to Your Clients and Potential Markets and Find a Way
5. Handshakes are Still Needed
Anyways, the fact is marketing is marketing and don't substitute tools for ideas and practices!